Sunday, February 06, 2005

Marquees and the big weird fish

Sunday mornings revitalize me like a power drink. After five days of toxic school work comes Saturday where I renew my personal relationship with people and even with God. Then yahoo! it's Sunday! time to just bum around, pig-out, fix broken things in the house, watch films, shop, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. In other words, release all the stress, negative vibes and frustrations that accumulated like cholesterol in the veins during the past week. Refresh, rejuvenate, relax!

Today was rather slow, woke up before 12:00 noon and just reheated the left-over chinese dinner I had last night. Spent 15 minutes brushing my teeth then I dipped in the tub for a hot bath. My friend Cecille called me up to meet her and Allister at McDonald's for a chat, so there I went. It was nice to see them on a Sunday where we could just talk and talk about everything, even gibberish stuff . I just ate so I did not order a burger but I picked some fries from Cecille's Happy Meal that she wanted to have because of the toy (^-^). After the chitchat, the three of us went to meet Juan, Phiphi and Adam at the local food festival. The aroma of good food filled the winter air so that I suddenly felt hungry! My sensitive olfactory sense led me to this meat stand where I had two servings of tender and delicious beef barbeque!!!! What a treat indeed. As we were walking back to my apartment, I saw this weird creature that I thought was a giant blowfish - a Japanese delicacy that is a choice between life and death! I have no plans whatsoever of tasting it. I asked the name of the fish and as expected, I never understood what the graceful Japanese lady was telling me.

I spent most of my time tonight trying to figure out how to add a marquee in my blogspot. I had to try a hundred times before I haphazardly did it. Whew! amateurs with no formal training suck! Look at William Hung! Hehehehe, no offense meant. It's almost midnight and I need to hit the sack. Gotta prepare for another busy week ahead. Can't wait for the next Sunday! Good night! Bonne nuit mes amis francais.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allister said...

hi don,
i had a great time with you last Sunday! thanks! you're really fun to be with. thanks also for matt's gift :) maricel says thanks, too, and that it'll surely fit matt. matt, on the other hand(set -- maricel has 2 cellphones and matt plays with one of them, hehe) said, "'lamat!" hahaha...

oh, by the way, that fish is not a blowfish. just google for blowfish or fugu or look it up at wikipedia.org and you'll see.

about the marquee, well, guess what, I CAN'T SEE IT!!! hehehe... i suppose it's limited to Internet Explorer users and not a web standard. well, i'm using the cool Mozilla browser so there you go :-)

anyway, see you 'round, my friend :-) have a great day!

9:11 AM  
Blogger dondon said...

Thank you Allister for dropping by mu blog!

Eliza, ca va bien? prends soin de toi aussi at j'espere te revoir dans l'avenir proche, soit en France, soit au Japon. Si tu reviens ici, tu es toujours le bienvenue!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home