Monday, February 28, 2005

Snowy days and Mondays

The alarm clock is screaming in Japanese. "Ohayoo gozaimasu, ohayoo gozaimasu!". God, is it morning already? What was I dreaming about? I still don't want to wake up! In fetal position near the edge of the bed, eyes half-closed, body under the thick sheets and still floating in limbo, I struggle to blindly reach for my slippers . I feel the morning chill slowly creeping in my arm. Must be cold outside. Where are those damn slippers? I don't want to step on the cold tatami mats. The heater is working all night but I don't want to put it in full blast or I'll sweat. I can't sleep without burying myself under layers of soft and comfortable sheets. I consider them as gifts from Hypnos, the god of sleep. As soon as I am under their vicious spell, I am worlds away.
My mind is protesting but I have to haul myself and take a bath before running out of time. It's 8:00 am. I tip-toe going to the window to have a peek of the outside world. It's snowing and the thermometer reads zero degrees! Brrrrrrr! it must be like -5 outside with the wind the chill blowing from every direction. It's a cold, snowy and gloomy Monday. I have to be warm and sunny inside to keep my spirits up. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha dondon,
I'm a visitor from Hawaii and just found your post this post. I like it... it's interesting so I decided to read and say hi. Although my interests are mostly about steps to french kissing related information right now, your blog got my attention and was a nice change. Thanks for your nice blog dondon, I think I'll tell my cousin to stop by if that's okay.
~ Aloha ~

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home