Thursday, February 10, 2005

Blizzards are for winter, parties are for all seasons.

Yesterday after school, I went to a Valentine's party. Too bad, I didn't bring my camera so the picture here is from a previous party with my friends who are mostly out of Japan now. But anyways, in yesterday's party, I had a great time with all the other foreign students who were celebrating not only the month of love but also the end of the final exams, the graduation of some of the students and the beginning of the spring break next month. Many people came in spite of the blizzard and the temperature dropping to three degrees below freezing. There was a lot of dancing but I particularly enjoyed the passionate beat of the latin songs. With Sandy leading the party animals to hit those tricky steps, who would not learn how to dance? The party ended with some of my favorite French songs and a shot of tequila to warm myself before going out of the venue and brave the biting cold again. Thanks Jim and Elena for driving me home. I was with Flavio at the backseat of the car and we talked about life and our studies here. He is leaving Japan soon to reunite with his family in Brazil and to get back to his former life again. I could see the sparkle in his eyes when he was talking about his daughter and how excited he was to take her to his arms again. Flavio is one of the nicest people around and I am sure that all of us here will miss his presence. Good luck to you Flavio! Au revoir!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home