Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Great time, great friends, great gifts

I have a lot of great things to spill out today! First, I had a meeting with my prof. I was so surprised by the kind words that he uttered to me. He cheerfully said his thanks for the efforts that I have shown in doing my research. He was so content with the two peer-reviewed international scientific papers that I have contributed to our department during the first two years of my stay. To top it all, he unfurled his plans for my postdoc studies, gave me the liberty to choose my desired path and generously offered all his support and recommendation if ever I would need them in the future. He also asked me to meet one of the better US professors who wanted to talk to me about my paper. This was really a humbling moment so that I whispered a prayer of thanks to God right after the meeting. I was just doing what I was expected to do. All these good words and kind offers from my prof are definitely showers of blessings that are overflowing in my cup. Sometimes, I feel that I do not deserve to be blessed by God because I oftentimes neglect His kindness and love. But He is a just and loving God who have plans that are beyond our comprehension. I am sure that He will always be there for me no matter what.

Before noon, I received a package from France. Wow, a birthday present from Mag! I was extremely excited to see what was inside the lovely, shiny, maroon wrap with ribbons of the same color. I smiled when I saw that it was a DVD of the movie "L'auberge espanogle".I was aching to watch it since the time I read a wonderful review about it. The gift really made my day! Merci bien, Mag! Tu me manques ma chere amie.

Gifts, cards and well wishes for my birthday this year were just great! Anna sent me a CD from Germany, not to mention her sweet and delicious gifts last Christmas :) Phiphi gave me a bath set, Ma'am Edith of IIT took time out of her busy schedule to write a wonderful e-card for me, Thida was so thoughtful to buy some nice gifts too, Lotlot never forgot to send me a lovely card just like last year and the years before, and the list goes on. Thanks also to all Filipinos and international students who came to my party! You made my birthday a real blast!

I just came home from the annual President's Night and Dinner Party. My friends and some Japanese professors were at the party too. It was so very nice to see them after a brief winter hiatus. Damian and Sandy were so energetic as ever, Stefan was still very well-mannered and full of intelligent things to say and Jabbar was with his beautiful better half Sharmin. There were songs and dances performed by the student groups from Russia, China, Brazil, Cuba and Panama. Juan, Phi, Ruth, Anna, Ari, Paulo, Flavio, Katya, Thida, Leo, Sergio and Hyun Hee were all in the mood for a good time and entertainment, to exchange news and plans for the coming year and to enjoy the good food. It was such a great party indeed!

Excuse me for repetititively using the word, but everything today was just great, great and great!

2 Comments:

Blogger Allister said...

hi kuya,
grabe! i'm happy for you. keep it up! :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger dondon said...

Thanks, Allister! :)

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home