Tuesday, December 06, 2005

australian holiday


flinders street
Originally uploaded by don2g.
"No worries, mate!" the customs officer replied when I said thanks. I realized I was not dreaming anymore. I have set my feet in the land down under! I was just so excited.

I had a very nice trip by Qantas from Tokyo. The seats were wider and more comfortable than Japan Airlines, and the food was much better. There was no personal TV on each seat, but I didn't care. I just wanted to sleep during the entire 10 hour flight. I was so tired because that day, I flew from Manila to Tokyo then to Melbourne. I had to make a side trip to Manila before going to Australia. While waiting for the Qantas flight at Narita, I took the chance to take naps.

It was almost summer in Melbourne. Federation square was booming with life, but a short walk from there would take you to various parks where you can unwind, or where you can hop on to one of the ferry cruises to see the great sights of the city from the Yarra river. I also went with some friends to see the 12 apostles. It was a long drive from Melbourne, so we would stop along the way to refresh with a cup of coffee or take pictures. It was fantastic.

There were plenty of immigrants too. A lot of times, I could not hear English in the train or bus. Surprisingly, I never heard anybody talk in Filipino. In my trips to other big cities like London, Munich, Rome, Washington DC or even in Tokyo and Nagoya, I would hear some people talk in Filipino. Maybe, Filipinos in Australia are concentrated in Sydney.

The food was to die for too. So may choices! Delicious choices. Meat, cheese, wine, salads, desserts - all pleasant to the eyes and to the palate. It was also there that I saw different kinds of milk! Skinny milk, rev milk, regular milk, condensed milk, name it!

I really enjoyed my trip there. I'd like to return in the near future but that time, maybe I'd stay longer, like 2 months to be able to explore more places like Sydney, Cairns and Brisbane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home