Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I heart you


yousuck
Originally uploaded by unstuckpilgrim.
No, don't get me wrong! I did not post this "You suck" picture because I dread Valentine's day. I just found it cute.

It's February and I am so looking forward to spring. I had lots of snowy experience already this winter and I feel that I had enough! Today, the sun appeared and it was a bit warmer than usual, so I was upbeat the whole day.

My studies here in Japan is ending soon. More than four years here! Darn, where did time go? I am still in the crossroads of my postdoctoral plans but I hope that I'd be on the rigth track. I'll just do my best and as what most people say, "God will do the rest".

I welcome opportunities to do postdoctoral fellowship in the US or Europe, but I am also looking forward to going home to the Philippines. I miss my life there already! After work, there are a lot of fun things to do with family and friends. Manila is booming with excitement, and the provinces are teeming with world-class natural beauty where one could spend a quiet and pleasant vacation. Add to that the manangs and manongs in the house who make life easier for us.

September is still seven months to go so I still have time to finish my work and requirements for graduation, and visit the rest of the marvelous places here in Japan especially Kyoto, Nara and Kamakura.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

home is always where the heart is pare. even if its so chaotic, even if its so politically imature but what the heck, life just goes on in these wonderful islands.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home