Friday, April 07, 2006

bye dentistry, hello medicine.

I could still vividly remember how I would deeply think why I had no control over my heartbeat, or why my father snored all night. My mind was full of questions and I always tried to look for answers. One time, I tried not to breath for minutes to see what would happen to me. But after less than thirty seconds, I found myself gasping for air, with my intercostal muscles automatically going back to work. This happened many years ago, when life was much simpler and my mother was wrinkle-free. Well, mama is still the most beautiful woman in my eyes in spite of the years that have passed.

Now, I am back exploring a wide range of possibilities. Last year, I was offered to work in the Molecular Genetics department of my university here in Japan. Of course, I said "Yes!" with a big, gummy smile knowing that It would be all to my advantage. In these times of stiff competition, learning has never been more important.

From this month, I am affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine. My research will now include animals, mostly mouse, as models of gene damage and carcinogenesis. I myself is an advocate of animal rights and welfare, but after our orientation, I knew that a lot of strict protocols and meticulous checks are followed before, during and after the use of these animals. They are not sacrificed for nothing.

I do wish that this new chapter in my career would rake in more opportunities for me in the future. I also hope that I could very well share everything that I would learn here to all who also strive hard to prosper in their careers. Good luck ang God bless to me and thank you to all who pray for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kuya,
Wow, nag postdoc ka pala. I'm happy for you. Sa Niigata ka pa rin? Me, well, okay lang. Malaki na si Matt (sick nga lang this week -- fever, constipation, then now cough/colds) and he's now attending summer (mostly play) school. Did I tell you he very much loved that pair of brown shoes you gave him? I'm happy to tell you parang di na kasya sa kanya ngayon, hehehe. I bought him a nice pair of sandals to use (coz finding the right size for him is a bit difficult right now).
Me, I'm expected to be in Japan from May 19 to June 3 to attend the International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders (don't bother asking what it is, hehehe). I can only wish we'd meet again.
Anyway, have a nice day. Pakabait ka dyan :-)

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home