Thursday, March 24, 2005

My real name means something?

Image hosted by TinyPic.com Since my first day in school, and I mean my very first day in school when I was maybe 5 years old, I always feel a little regretful when people express amazement over my given name. I try to read their minds if the amazement is simply because of my name's unique spelling or if they think it is weird.

To overcome this "little regret", I started to introduce myself using my nickname which has very good meanings in other languages. Dondon means money in Korean and fast, sudden or abrupt in Japanese. My feng-shui expert, shake your bonbon dancer Chinese friend even told me that if I used my nickname, I would have a strong predilection for good fortune. Not bad, huh! He further stressed that my nickname would bring passion and strength and my real name could act as an antithesis to the inflow of negative energies. I am not that superstitious so I just shrugged my shoulders and smiled.

My nickname by the way was dubbed by my late grandmother, a big fan of the defunct "Apat na sikat" celebrity group which included Dondon Nakar.

My unique name was coined by my loving mother who was too excited about her first-born son and at the same time, so much in love with her husband. So, she thought of a unique name that would remind her constantly of my father. Hence, came forth the name which I learned to love but I'd rather leave you guessing.

Last night, I found this
website that analyzes the meaning of names. Curious, I typed my name and voila! the meaning came out. I was more surprised than amused because I thought my name was unique, and I tried before to search for its meaning if there was any but I found nothing. Anyways, here is what my name stands for:

"Although the name creates an interest in the deeper aspects of life, we emphasize that it causes procrastination, lack of confidence, and the inability to realize your goals and ambitions. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the heart, lungs, bronchial area, and fluid systems.

Your first name has made you a sociable person who appreciates the beauties of nature and the refinements of life, and is moved by music and the arts. You are very idealistic and romantic within yourself and may have tried to express your beautiful thoughts through poetry or writing. Crudeness and vulgarity are very repulsive to you and you are very particular about little things. You suffer greatly with lack of confidence and self-consciousness. You crave affection and understanding, yet because you can be so easily and deeply hurt, you have learned to keep your true nature hidden; therefore people do not really know you. You always wonder if you are doing the right thing, desiring to express yourself but afraid to."

Hmmmm... beats me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home