Saturday, March 12, 2005

Presentation day

In a few minutes, I will be presenting my paper.

Last night, I went to the Reception Party organized by the Periodontal/Immunology/Microbiology group of international dentists. I could not believe that I was actually talking with such big names like Denis Kinane, Greg Seymour, Steven Diehl. T. Hart, Thomas Van Dyke and others. I have seen the presentations of Anne Haffajee, Ken Kornman and others but to actually talk to some of the greatest names in the contemporary dental world was very inspiring.

I was also with my profs and classmates in the Japan Reception Night that was attended by most of the dental big-wigs. I saw the influence of the Japanese academe in the profession that I am in. They rub elbows with only the few and selected names in the dental field. Good thing, my prof was a friend to most of them so I was introduced as a Filipino student in Japan. Of course, an impoverished postgrad student like me would always feel shy but I just carried myself the best way I could and talked with them the usual way.

This conference is concluding tonigt and I must say that it was a great learning experience for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home