Thursday, April 07, 2005

Genes reveal secrets

Anna Anderson insisted that she was Princess Anastasia Romanov until her own DNA told the truth.

A struggling geneticist - that's me and I am happy about it. I may not have a diploma in genetics but I have proven to the scientific community that I could contribute something to the continuously advancing and competitive world of genetics research. To my friends, I might sound like I have turned into a creepy scientist in a smoky lab but I really do love to discover things and to understand the intricacies of the human body.

I was so tired today trying to do a new research. It is still about genetics, but a single step further from what I was doing before. With the help of my colleagues, I was able to operate some new machines and to broaden my lab skills a little more. Of course, I know that I have a lot of catching-up to do on the theoretical aspect, but I am doing my best to sharpen my knowledge on molecular biology. Thanks to the unlimited books, journals and materials here in Japan, I could do self-studies anytime I want to.

Genetics became my passion since I learned how complex yet marvelous the workings of the genes are. These tiny molecules control and manage everything that functions inside our body. From the color of our eyes to how we manage stress, genes play indispensable, repetitive and precise roles. They have been very useful in a myriad of things like proving innocence in a crime, establishing paternity and even managing a disease before it even occurs. These things have sparked my interest and I intend to remain in the field until God knows when.


1 Comments:

Blogger Pamcakes said...

Hi Pam here. Just dropped by to say, nice pix in the U.S. u got there! Enjoy life!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home