Friday, June 29, 2007

New kid in town

My blog needs to be updated. A lot of the personal info here are already passé. To start with, I am no longer in Japan (Darn, I terribly miss a lot of things there). I have already finished my PhD there and I am currently doing my postdoc in the US. Still in the period of adjustment, but I am doing fine.

Besides putting aside my profession as a dentist, I am also going a little off-track with the lifestyle that I am used to. Here in the place where I live now, life is a little boring. In Japan, I worked hard but I could also unwind in a café or in a fine restaurant with my friends after a day's work . Shopping was also great and it was easier, I think, to fly to some of the hottest beaches in the Philippines or in Thailand. Public services were also fast, efficient and relatively safer.

But in fairness to the place where I live now, many things here are new to me and I find them amusing. There are a few dining or entertainment places that I like, but hey, the scenery is beautiful. Talk about picturesque farms, endless white picket fences along roads lined with the canopy of towering trees, horses, nice rivers and lakes.

Just like in Japan, I also work my butt off here and I am learning a lot of new stuff like closely looking into individual cells using confocal microscope. How cool can that be? Now I can take pictures of cells, not just of macroscopic things. This morning, a cool and very smart-looking associate from Olympus microscopes came to recommend some upgrades for the scope, so I am more excited about the microscopic things I could look into in the future.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home